Friday, August 10, 2007

All About French Bulldogs (continued)

So Balboa invited me to add to his great post about us Frenchies (he was tagged by Sparky)...I will continue in his same format : ) and add where I can.


A SHORT History: Frenchies were a favorite of Parisian prosititutes and lacemakers (to keep their laps warm)..but eventually charming the upper classes. We even had a famous Frenchie on the Titanic (who was insured for a LARGE amount in those days). Can you imagine the sites our ancestors saw!!! Geezzz!!

Temperment:We are extremely expressive..and yes, as Balboa said we LOVE people, peeps, my doggs...ya know..everyone.

Living Conditions: The range is no less than 45 and no more than 85. Can we say high maintenance. Please see the bill below as proof that my parents make sure I am comfortable in the house. (Bernard's Mom: This is also due to a spoiled husband, who insists on a constant 73, so i have ONLY high maintenence boys in this house! proceed...)



Exercise: Well we all know we can-- it's just do we really want to? Yes, but in moderation.. and for us that is a mere 5 minutes at the dog park before we start making horrible wheezing noises that have been known to be confused with growling. I even had a lady pull her dog away from me one time- scared that I was a mean dog and was growling...lordy!!! I am as dangerous as a baby.



How'd I do Balboa? Can I tag someone now, to talk about their breed. I tag Ruby's and Tofu Burger.

11 comments:

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hey I could become a French Bulldog expert having just read both threads in a very short space of time.

Still sort memory span too, so I won't be an expert for long.

Kate

Ruby Bleu said...

Wow...you boys are high maintenance...but well worth it. I'll play this game...Joey did something on BTs, but I'm sure my geeky Mom can come up with more info!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Frasier said...

Its always amazing to hear of where dog breeds started from !!
Good one
Frasier

Tadpole said...

Holy crap - what an interesting history (especially in your early years - hee!).

I am high maintenance too. It's good for our humans.

Emily and Ike said...

That's the biggest electric bill ever!
Ike

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bernard.
Thanks for sharing this info about your breed.
The history is very interesting!
I think we all are high maintenance.
Take care
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

We get tired real fast too from our short little faces. People just don't understand us!

Poppy said...

Hi Bernard! Thanks for sharing about your breed...the part about the snorting was especially informative. I'm surprised about the exercise though. Your dad rides a bike--why hasn't he taught you how?! I know how to ride a bike. I'll blog about it someday soon and show pictures!

As for your question about my house: it's awesome! Except for the hardwood floors. They are tricky to negotiate when you are chasing after a loofah dog.

Poppy

Suki & Joey said...

You guys sound COOL and a lot like Pugs. I can't stand the heat, either, ya know ;)

Thanks for the lesson, Bernard!

Puggy kisses
Suki

Peanut said...

Man between you and Balbao I think I learned almost everything there is to know about french bulldogs. I already knew how cool you guys were.

Willie and Waylon said...

Nice to meet you! We love your blog!